Chinese Bakelite AK-47 Furniture, Spikers, Under Folders, Stocks, Mags and Bayonets

This post is designed to help show you what the Original Chinese Bakelite fore grips, stocks, pistol grips, folding stocks, bayonets, and magazines look like. Below are the traditional rifles that came with Bakelite furniture. These guns are getting very rare and much coveted by collectors.
Please comment below. I appreciate you questions and answers. I am just a collector,  not an expert.

Above, 1)  That is an FTC Woodland Hills 56S-1 Underfolder on the left
2) Chinese 56S-2 Bakelite Spiker from David Keng's personal collection
3) right, That is a Polytech Legend with a Type 56 Milled stock set





Below are my 3 Bakelite guns at the moment.
TOP: 386 Polytech Sidefolder  ( Type 1 Bayonet)
Middle: The Kengs gun mentioned and photographed above.  ( Spiker)
Bottom:  My IACO SAC CA. 56S-2   ( Type 2 Bayonet) 


                 Below:
1. Chinese 56S-2 Red Bakelite Side Folder without Bayonet lug. (It will accept a Type 1 Bayonet)
2. 56S-3 Red Bakelite Spiker Bayonet
3. 56S-3 Red Bakelite Full Stock
       All of these 3 guns are sporting a Chinese Factory 66 Norinco 30 Round Magazine.


1. 56S-1 Double Under Folder in red Bakelite. This gun has a blue bolt, so it is  a SILE NY import, and was most certainly modified by adding the Bakelite furniture to make it unique. 
2. 56S-2 Red Bakelite Side Folder,  this version accepts a Type II Bakelite bayonet.
3. 56S-3 Bakelite Full Stock


This is my latest Bakleite kit. That is my 56S-2 416 spiker,  noted below in the next picture.
and my FTC double underfolder below. 


1)   Blue Bolt Black Bakelite with black Phonelic magazine. There are some ( very few) SILE NY guns that were imported with Black/Green/Clayco furniture. Both underfolder, and fixed stock. They are very rare and uncommon to go up for sale.
2) Polyteck Bakliet Sidefolder Spiker. One of two total, that entered the US. This one was from Mr.             David Keng's personal collection. I just bought it from his FFL in Georgia!    I love it.
3) My FTC double under-folder. With two pieces of Bakelite.  I am looking for a spiker cut bakelite                 lower, or set of handguards.  















This gun is most likely a Frankenstien gun, since only two were imported, and one of them is mine. It is a modified Chinese AK, with a folding stock and a Skiper front end. Looks great I must say,  but likely modified.  Also with a Bakleite Magazine.


This is a close up of a 56S-2 Red Bakelite Folding stock AK. Look at the Pistol grip.
It is the 1919 style.


This is a Close up of a 56S-1 Underfolder with a Black 1919 Style pistol grip and a Black Chinese Phonelic / plastic / Bakelite 20 round bolt hold open magazine.  These mags are RARE.



Here are three of my Chinese Bayonets.
Left, a Black Bayonet,  Center, a Green Bayonet, and right, a Red with Brass Pin.
Below, pictured, is a Chrome Chinese Bayonet Hanger. Somewhat difficult to find these days.



Here is a good picture of a very Green Bakelite Bayonet above a Black.


This is a 56S-2, with a 1919 pistol grip, and no Bayonet lug.

Here is a Black Bakelite .223 84S-5 Bakelite side folder.


Below is a family of Chinese Bakelite Rifles.
from left, 1) 84S-3, 2) 84S-5, 3) 56S-2, and 4) 56S-3


These are the 4 types of Chinese Bakelite Bayonets. From Left, 1) Red with Brass Pin, 2) Red, 3) Green, and 4) Black.


Here is my 56S-2, which takes a Type I Legend Style Bayonet. The magazine pouch has a Type II Bayonet with a Chrome Bayonet Hanger.


Here is my 56S-1 Blue Bolt SILE NY Import with Black Bakelite furniture, and 4 Black Phonellic Magazines. Those mags are super RARE. Both 56S-1 and 56S, imported by SILE in Black Bakelite are in the uber rare category.


These are the Black Phonelic / Plastic / Bakelite 20 round Bolt Hold Open Magazines. They are scarce, but they do come up for auction on the net from time to time. That is how I got them.


Below is my 86S Factory Bullpup. It has a Dark Green Pistol grip and Bayonet, as received from the factory. It is pictured with 4 Black Phonellic 20 Round Bolt Hold Open Magazines.


The picture below is of a Bakelite hand guard. It is the Mikata Woven Fabric Type. It is also inset with a Spiker Bayonet cut. Look at the second picture. Look at the fabric, it is very porous.













Below is a PolyTech style Red Bakelite set. See the slim Bakelite grip and no bayonet cut in the lower fore grip. These are more plastic, than the older Chinese Military Vietnam era Mikata woven fabric types. Look, they are not porous at all.



Below, are three different red Bakelite grip sets. look at the slight difference in color.
I like the 1919 style pistol grip the most. (Pictured in the middle)




Above is a Red Bakelite full stock. Quite uncommon as a single specimen.


This is a set of Clayco Bakelite furniture. As you can see, these is a bit of a Green tint to it. Some say you cant see it until you go into the sun and look at it. It is visible in this pictures quite clearly.





Here is a picture of all 5 of the Chinese style pistol grips together. On the top left is a black, then a Green, then a Red.  Bottom is a black 1919 style, and last is the Red 1919 Type.


     I hope this post has been informative. I have tried to photographically detail each style of Bakelite Fore Grip and Pistol Grip, as well as Bayonets and Mags.

Link to Blue Bolt Post










These blue bolt/ black bakelite rifles are superb in person. Some came in with either, straight or curved grip.

The underfolder on the right, is a SILE, NY,
56S-1.






Straight grips are more common with the Clayco rifles, and fixed stock imports.





Here is a very rarely seen SILE blue bolt, in black furniture with a fixed stock. It has a straight grip.

It is pictured with a Chinese vented cheese grater,  but not installed.





Pictured with back pebble mag.




















































Sorry for the photo quality below, it was just too difficult to get a picture of all 6 rifles very well.





     Thanks for looking.

8 comments:

  1. The Siles with the black furniture, Is that original or added?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sir, Yes, it is original. Please take a look at my Blue Bolt Sile Post. The gun is original in its factory box. The owners manual, which I can photograph, says how the SILE company will special order any of the configurations as the customer would like. (Page 2.) Including black bakelite, red/brown, and wood. The only stock feature not changeable is the red sidefolding stock panels. ALL the other furniture had been available at the time for special orders. I know people will want to see the print of my original manual now. It is true. The guns like this were not on store shelves, but pre-ordered. My father ordered this one for me when I was a child.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your blog. I have referenced it many times. I have even been able to acquire a few Chicoms for my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is some great information recently I've been getting new red Bakelite parts from China with the mold thing seam's not filed off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great information! thanks for posting! I love the bakelite versions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking for another set of bakelite furniture myself. I've got one that was originally bakelite, but at some point, someone changed it out for a wood set. I guess I'm mainly looking for the darker red color, but I always thought it would be nice to have the very light colored version, as I hardly ever see these. I've heard people refer to the light color as "baby poop" due to the obvious resemblance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. This is a really cool site. Well done! My first Chinese gun is on its way to me now. It is an 86S that appears unfired but does not have the box and manuals. I can't wait.

    My next Chinese gun will be a bakelite 56S-2 if I can get my hands on one. Are there many fake bakelite 56s-2s? Is there a way to tell for certain if a gun was originally manufactured with the bakelite furniture? Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you coming to The Chinese AK-47 Blog.
Please comment below each post. This is a blog. Work together and comment for better identification. Your knowledge is appreciated. I may post your pictures, if you write in. Let me know of additional posts to make. Thank you.

Popular Posts